Preparing for a Funeral Service
What Does “Get Prepared” Really Mean?
You can get a head start on the process by completing this online application.
Jersey State Memorial Park Grave Purchasing and application Information
Anderson & Campbell Funeral Home
For Your Convenience
We teamed up with The Best Funeral Home In Ocean County.
We understand that making the many decisions which come at a time of loss can be difficult. Therefore, we offer our support by making immediate arrangements as easy for you as needed. Upon death, those with the deceased are encouraged to remain calm, pray for the departed, and begin preparations for burial.
What to do if the death of a loved one has just occurred:
- Notify the authorities that a death has occurred. If you’re not in a hospital or with hospice care at the time of the death, call 911 immediately so that the death can be legally pronounced. If your loved one is in a hospital or under hospice care, this task generally falls to the medical caretakers.
- Notify family and close friends of the death. You may wish to ask some of these people to inform others.
- Arrange for a caretaker for children, elderly parents and pets. (This is a good task to delegate to someone you trust.)
- Notify your loved one’s employer, if he or she was still working. Ask about remaining pay, life insurance, benefits or any other work-related details you may need to know.
- Locate the will and any pre-planned funeral arrangements.
- Select a funeral home and contact us as soon as possible Since it is the our belief to bury the deceased as soon as possible after death, We are accustomed to responding quickly and carefully in order to meet the family’s needs.
Our burial arrangements include Two Parts,
In case the family of the deceased does NOT have specific funeral home, Masjid Bilal has agreement with the following funeral home.
Anderson & Campbell Funeral Home Address: 703 Main St, Toms River, NJ 08753 Phone: (732) 349-5700
Once Masjid Bilal is notified(Received Completed Application) by the family of the deceased, Masjid Bilal should notify the funeral home with the full information of the deceased (forward Filled Application).
For a flat fee of $2,000 (Prearranged Discount) to be paid either directly by the family of the deceased to the funeral home or to MSJS who will pay the funeral home for the service
Part 1, Service to be provided by the funeral home:
1) Transfer the body from place of death to the funeral home.
2) Obtain ONE death certificate.
3) Provide facility to wash and shroud the body with WARM water, towels and simple cheap wooden box.
4) Transfer the Box, containing the body, in it to Masjid Bilal for the Janaza Prayer.
5) Transfer the body to the cemetery above. In case the family has different cemetery, please inform the funeral home there MAYBE extra charges.
Part 2: Done By Masjid Bilal :
- Religious washing and shrouding of your loved ones remains. Female remains will be washed by females only(at A&CF Home).
- Discounted cemetery Plot at Al Salam Cemetery(Prearranged Discount) or the cemetery of your choice.
- Coordinate Between Funeral home and Cemetery staff for on time operation.
- Janaza Prayer at Masjid Bilal.
- Cemetery Burial.
All Funerals are done according to Prophet Muhammad Sunnah Peace Be Upon Him.
***Cemetery Charges, Burial Permit and Death Certificates are additional.
Make sure to fill the above application in full before Moving on to next Page