- Carefully read and understand all guidelines listed below.
- Complete the application form.
- Once submitted, our office will contact you to confirm the requested date and time.
- Obtain a marriage license from the Toms River Clerk Office 15 days before ceremony.
- Bring the following documents on the day of the nikah:
- Marriage license from the Clerk’s office
- Valid photo IDs of both bride and groom
- Masjid Bilal (MSJS) will fill out the marriage license and return it to the Clerk office via mail.
- Masjid Bilal (MSJS) will provide a Certificate of Islamic Marriage for the bride and groom.
Note 1: A PO Box is not acceptable on a driver license for a marriage application. Two alternate forms of ID will be required, if there is a PO Box on the drivers license.
Note 2: Masjid Bilal will provide one of its resident scholars to perform the nikah.
Note 3 : Upon receipt of the completed marriage license by the Count Clerk’s office, they will retain the official marriage certificate for their records. If you would like a copy of your marriage certificate, you must contact the County Clerk directly and request one. (This request form is usually provided along with the marriage license).
Note 4: The license, once issued, will expire in thirty (30) days. The license MUST be used prior to the expiration date, which is noted on the license or the marriage is not valid.
Islam desires that the Nikah (Wedding) be announced in public so people are aware it.
One method of informing people of nikah (Wedding) and also to share the happiness brought by the union of the husband and wife is by conducting the nikah (Wedding) in the masjid.
Masjid Bilal (MSJS) provides Nikah normal services for Muslims according to Prophet Mohamed teachings and Sunnah
Our Services Completely Free. Be Kind and Donate
- No food or sweets is to be distributed inside the prayer hall. Boxed sweets can be given on the way out.
- The sister’s section is completely separate. Women will only be able to hear and See the nikah proceedings Over the Monitor.
- The sister’s entrance is facing the main road (US 9 N). The brother’s entrance is on the opposite side of the Bulding .
- We recommend that the nikah be booked a minimum of four weeks prior to the planned date.
- The nikah is performed in the main prayer hall.
- The prospective couple may obtain a marriage license from their county ( township) office.
- Masjid Bilal(MSJS) will keep a copy of the official marriage license for its records.
- We require the presence of two Muslim male witnesses for the groom and a guardian (wali) for the bride.
- The bride’s father is considered to be a guardian (wali) of the bride by default. In the absence of the father, the representative scholar from Masjid Bilal performing the nikah will guide the future couple to possible alternatives depending on circumstances.
- With consultation and approval of the bride, the groom will offer, in writing, the dowry (mahr) to the bride. The amount of the dowry will be recorded on the marriage certificate.
- The details of the nikah will be recorded on a document which will be signed by the bride, groom, guardian (wali), and the witnesses. Masjid Bilal will produce a marriage certificate, providing a copy to the bride and groom and will keep a copy of the marriage certificate for its records.
- The official marriage license will be signed by the representative Masjid Bilal (MSJS) scholar performing the nikah. The Masjid Bilal representative will mail the original license to Toms River Township Clerk for the registration of the marriage.
- Masjid Bilal(MSJS) reserves the right to refuse the performance of a nikah without reason. However, the possibility of this occurring is very low, especially if the above rules are adhered to and proper protocol is followed.